How to Set an iPad Up as a Public Check-In Kiosk
You can set up an iPad to be used as a public check-in kiosk by locking the iPad to TablesReady.
First, set up Guided Access on your iPad:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility, then turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then re-enter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.
Then, start a Guided Access session:
- Open your TablesReady Public Check-In or Online Bookings page
- Triple-click the Home button.
- If you want parts of your screen to stop responding to touch (such as "Done" and navigation arrows), use one finger to circle those areas.
- Tap Start in the upper right corner.
Now your customers can add themselves to your waitlist in-person without speaking to anyone!
Make sure to enable Redirect Mode in Settings > Public Pages and/or Settings > Appointment Options so that TablesReady automatically redirects back to your waitlist or bookings page.