Services must be set up in order to take online reservations/appointments. They can also be useful if you want to keep track of the particular service your guests are waiting for.
Configure Service Settings
First, navigate to Settings > Services. Click to Enable services.
Choose what you want your services to be called. Most businesses don't need to change this, but if you're a restaurant, you could call it "Dining," for example.
The option to display the service on the waitlist and appointments/reservations pages is useful if you have more than one service. You can enable or disable this.
You can also group your services by category, if you'd like, or sort them in a specific order. By default, we'll sort the list of your services by name in alphabetical order.
Once you've chosen your options, hit "Save."
Add Your Services
Once you've saved, a new area of the screen will show up that will list your services.
Hit the big green "+" button to add your first service.
The main considerations when setting up the services you need are:
- The duration of the service (how long does it last on average?). If all your services take the same amount of time, you might not need separate services.
- The schedule of the service. If your services operate on different schedules from each other or from your main business hours, you'll need to create services that relate to those schedules. If you haven't already set up your schedules, see the related articles below to read about that.
For now, entering the Description and Price fields doesn't do anything.
You can also choose whether to make the service available on your waitlist and/or on your reservations/appointments pages. Maybe you have overflow outdoor seating, but you don't want people to be able to reserve it, then you can set up an "Overflow Dining" service that is only available on the Waitlist.
Here are some different ways businesses might set up services:
- One service called "Food" or "Dining" that lasts for 90 minutes and is available on both the waitlist and reservations pages.
- One service for Lunch and one for Dinner. Lunch lasts 75 minutes but Dinner lasts 90 minutes.
- One service for Outside Dining and Indoor Dining.
- One service called "Shopping" that lasts for 30 minutes (or however long the average shopper spends in your store)
- One service for each of your offerings, e.g., Cut, Color, Trim, Men's haircut, Shave, etc. Each would be configured with its own duration.
- One service for each of the transactions you offer, e.g., Driver's License Renewal, Real ID, Records Printing, etc.
Manage Your Services
After you've created your services, you can change the order they are displayed by hitting the arrows in the "Re-Order" column.
You can also enable, disable, edit or delete any service by selection the status toggle or the Action buttons.
If you're trying to set up Online Bookings, your next step will be to create the Resources that provide these services.