Square Waitlist Integration
You can connect your Square and TablesReady accounts in Settings > Integrations. Once the integration is setup, new orders in Square will sync over to TablesReady and you can notify customers their order is ready directly from the Waitlist section of your account.
Visual learner? Watch the video below to see a demo of the integration and setup instructions, or read on for more information.
Setting Up the Integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations and click the Authorize button under Connect With Square to sign to your account
- If you have multiple locations, select which location(s) you want to sync to our waitlist app and hit "Sync Selected Locations."
- Configure the integration settings
- Click Save
Configure the Integration
You can choose how orders show up in TablesReady:
- Hide transactions with no phone number: For any transaction that you don't want to have show up in TablesReady, you can choose to not add a customer & phone number in Square and if this option is checked, the transaction will be hidden in TablesReady.
- Hide Square Receipt # once customer information has been received: When your transaction first flows into TablesReady, it will likely just have the Receipt # and the order items (if you've chosen to display this). The customer information is updated later as Square updates it on their servers (this happens more slowly). By default, when we receive the customer name and phone number, we will move the Receipt # into the "Notes" field so you can still reference it. If you select this option, however, we will remove the Receipt # altogether.
- Display order items with modifiers in Notes field: Use your TablesReady waitlist as a Kitchen Display System and see the full order details right within the app.
- Only show transactions and order items from these categories: If you take both Food and Drink orders but fulfill the Drink orders right away and don't want them to show up in TablesReady, select this option and add the "Food" category to the input field to filter just for that. It has to be entered exactly right -- watch out for spaces and capitals!
Ensure "Customer Management" is enabled in your Square settings.
Creating Transactions in Square
Then, start taking orders in your Square Point of Sale app:
- Start taking an order. At any point in the order, even after you finish the transaction, click to add a customer to the order.
- Click to create a new customer.
- Enter the customer's name and phone number.
- Save the customer and click "Add to Sale."
- Hit "New Sale" to ensure the customer information is pushed to Square's servers and then on over to TablesReady.
The name, phone number, receipt #, and order items (if selected) will then automatically populate in your TablesReady waitlist. Then you can notify customers that their food is ready with the click of a button!
If transactions aren't syncing over from Square, TablesReady may not be recognizing the order as "Paid" in Square. To resolve this, go to Devices > Service Settings > Reopen Checks and make sure that the 2nd option (Reopen and Remove Payment Method) is checked.