You can setup Resources in the Settings > Resources section of your account. Resources can be thought of as tables for restaurants, barbers for barbershops, stores for retailers, stations/counters for DMVs, doctors or exam rooms for health care offices, etc:
You must have Resources enabled to accept online bookings.
Configure Resource Settings
Before creating your Resources, enable and configure your settings:
- Enable Resources: Check this to enable or disable Resources.
- Resource label: Choose what you want your Resources to be called (i.e. "Table" or "Exam Room").
- Display on Waitlist & Reservations pages: Check this to have a Resources column shown on your Waitlist and Reservations page.
- Sort by: By default, we'll sort the list of your services by name in alphabetical order, but you can select a different order from the dropdown menu.
- Assign services: Select and add Services to all Resources. Note: if all of your Resources will use the same service(s), you can save time by setting up all your Resources without assigning those Services, then use this option to assign the Service(s) to all Resources
Add Your Resources
Add a new Resource by clicking the green + button in the lower right corner.
You will need to set the following for each new Resource:
- Name: Display name for the Resource.
- Capacity: The minimum and maximum number of people a given resource can accommodate. For example, a hairstylist would set the minimum and maximum as 1, whereas a large booth at a restaurant would set a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6.
- Availability: Select whether or not you want the Resource available on your Public Check-in and/or Reservations/Appointments.
- Services: Select the Services that the Resource should be applied to.
- Category: Optionally add categories to your Resources to help keep them organized.
(For now, entering the Description field doesn't do anything.)
After you've created your resources, you can change the order they are displayed by hitting the arrows in the "Re-Order" column.
You can also enable, disable, edit or delete any resource by selecting the status toggle or the Action buttons.
Here are some different ways businesses might set up Resources:
- Tables grouped into categories (sections) that can provide both a Lunch and Dinner service (or a single Dining service). Tables of 4 are allowed to seat a minimum of 2 people, whereas tables of 2 can set singles.
- One Resource called "Store" that allows anywhere from 1-25 people in the building at a time.
- One Resource for each staff member, with a minimum/maximum capacity of 1.
- One Resource for each of the stations where a customer can be helped, with a minimum/maximum capacity of 1.